THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED. WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN LATE 2011.
Filament is delighted to announce a new erotic fiction competition, sponsored by the delicious website For The Girls and judged by their esteemed editor and proponent of all things erotic for women, Ms Naughty.
1st prize = £100 and publication in Filament magazine Issue 9
Two runners up = £50 each and publication in Filament magazine Issue 9
- Get a copy of Issue 8 to read the stories that won our most recent contest.
- Read our fiction guidelines.
- Write a fantastic, filthy, luscious, delightful piece of fiction that meets our guidelines and suggest the theme music.
- Send your entry in the body of an email (not as an attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 July 2011, 5pm GMT, subject line Filament fiction contest.
Terms and conditions
- Competition is open to entrants aged 18 years or older, from anywhere in the world.
- Prize payments will be made to the winning entrants within one month of publication.
- Prize payments will be made in pounds sterling by PayPal. Filament may, at their discretion, attempt other means of payment if requested by the winner or runners up. Currency exchange fees and any other fees will be borne by the prize recipient.
- Entries may not be withdrawn once submitted.
- Competition entrants are deemed to have agreed to have their story published by Filament magazine according to Appendix 1 of the fiction guidelines if their story is selected as a winner or runner up. If their story is not selected among the winning entries, Filament will have no rights to the story, unless Filament magazine and the writer agree otherwise.
- Entrants may submit their writing under a pseudonym, but must be willing to disclose their full legal name confidentially to Filament magazine in the event that they win, for the purposes of completing legal use documentation and making payment of winnings.
- All entries must meet Filament magazines fiction guidelines. Entries that do not meet the guidelines (eg, submitted as attachments, over word count) will be disqualified.
- Attempts to influence the judging of this competition will result in disqualification.
- Filament magazine undertakes only to notify the winning entrants.
- The judges decision is final.
- Any questions about the competition may be directed at email@example.com.